Saturday, June 21, 2008

Bringing Home the Bucks

I got a job. I have had the occasional summer job or job on campus, but this is the first real job that I have been excited about in a long time. There are things that don't excite me. like the pay, but that will be changing soon. SO for any you who don't know, or those of you reading this for the first time. I have been in chiropractic school for the last 3.5 years. I graduated officially on the 13th of June, The ceremony was on the 30th of may and we stayed in California until the 10th. I had been looking for a job around here for the last two months. I was mostly looking for a job in a chiropractic office since I knew for sure I wouldn't be able to practice until the fall because of the National Board exams that I take in November. I hadn't seen anything posted on craigslist.org and I couldn't find anything close by and that looked interesting either. well the day after I got back there were three postings for positions in chiropractic offices. I emailed my resume to 2, One was too far away. I got a call back the next day, I had an interview the next, had a follow up two days after that and started working the next day. I am now employed by Health Source Chiropractic and Rehabilitation. I work for a doc named Dr. Wheeler. I am an assistant there but I am getting some additional training as well. He had a strong business background before he became a chiro, and I am learning so much about running an office already. He also uses a bunch of techniques that I haven't been taught so I am learning that side of things too. I feel like it really has been a great blessing to have to wait to take that last section of tests so that I can grow and learn on his dime and be more ready when the time come for me to branch out on my own. so if any of you know someone that needs some help and they live near Westport in louisville send them my way, cause I get a bonus when I do that.

7 comments:

peter said...

Congrats! Is this his website: http://www.healthsourcechiro.com/franchise/KY-Louisvillewestport.shtml

Do you get to put a DC next to your name too now that you've graduated, or do you have to pass the boards first? I'm just wanting to know how to officially address you. :D

Big Brad said...

yes that is the website. and I think Officially I can put a D.C. by my name but I can't call myself doctor. I am not 100% sure. I am in a kinda weird Limbo when it comes to titles.

peter said...

cool...

I liked the faq page on the website too. It went through a lot of misconceptions about chiropractors.

Sharon said...

We are excited too! Thank you Brad for your hard work!

Krazy Kearls said...

Well Its about _ _ _ _ time! Just kidding I am so proud of you! and wish we were closer! Every good hair dresser needs a good chiropractor! You amaze me with how amazing you are! Oh I read an older blog about twilight All I can say is WOW! I read all three in 5 days! Yeah don't wonder the laundry was not done! Love ya Amy (your favorite cousin!)

Paul said...

I knew you could do it Brad! ;)

Nancy said...

Such good news!! Congrats!!!! :) So very very happy for you. The best family, lovely home, and now a real job....woo hoo. Life is great!!!!