Sunday, July 20, 2008

Wild Rabbits

Well I don't know if "wild" is the right word. The neighbor behind us has an acre or two and his land covers the length of the complex we live in and the fence isn't that high. He has a couple of bird feeders and a bird bath and the birds and the squirrels all love it. Well, I have been noticing more and more a little brown rabbit hopping around and usually going toward or away from the vegetable garden. I haven't ever seen a hutch so I assume he is wild, but really how wild could he be. It is kinda cute and it looks well fed.

I really don't have anything all that exciting to post, as you can tell. I have been working and coming home and do a little bit of other stuff in between. I recently have been going out and doing "massage days" at local business', I go and do a ten minute chair massage to the employees. I also give out a little gift bag with a bunch of stuff with the company name, you get the idea. I am also supposed to try and bring them in as new patients if they seem like they would benefit from treatment. Well really, who wouldn't? So I do my thing, and I have got a few people to sign up and come in for an exam and blah blah and per the coupon there is no cost. When someone that I sign up comes in, I get a $25 dollar bonus, plus when they come back and actually become a patient, that $25 turns into $75. So I have been kinda pumped about that since I don't really make much. Well the first 4 people I signed up flaked. one called but the other 3 just never showed up! I was pissed! That could have been an extra $300, that would have been nice. Well on Friday, one finally showed up. and he will more than likely turn into the $75. On the schedule there will more than likely be one more come in, she seemed solid when I scheduled her. So keep your fingers crossed for me that they all come in!
Oh yeah, I also started reading a new book. It is called One for the Money. A brook woman becomes a bounty hunter, that is the premise for the story. it is pretty good, a little bit rough around the edges but fun.
and one more book I would recommend is called "The Arrival" by Shaun Tan, it is all pictures, but a compelling story none the less, it has been done very well!
oh yeah one last thing, Happy Birthday to my favorite Brother in-law in Mountain View with blonde hair and 3 children. Way to go Paul for making it 3 decades!

2 comments:

Big Brad said...

thanks to Peter for the Spell check.

azufelt said...

Wow, busy days... rabits, chair massages, book reading... it's tough, isn't it?!

Yeah, my hubby's company just started offering the subsidized massages... I asked him if I could sign up and take his place or something... I can't wait!

Good luck on the finding new customers. It's kind of a drag, but the pay off is great, so there's good motivation!