Sunday, April 27, 2008

It's been two weeks and I have felt slightly guilty about not posting earlier, but when no one comments on the last one (except one friend) you start to wonder if it is being read or if it is worth while to do. But since I am horrible at keeping a journal, this is as close as it gets.

This morning I finished another book. It is called Dragon Rider by Cornelia Funke. I have read some of her other books so I thought I would read this one too. I am not usually into the fantasy genre, all the fairies and elves, dragons and mythical creatures but it was a fun book to read. I have been reading it seems like a lot of kids or young adult books. Does anybody have a good book for grown ups? I don't mean R rated or romance novels or grisly murder books just something without so many pictures might be nice.

On another note: The Kentucky based Hartungs are doing very well. We are a little uncertain about the future but we know this is the place for to be in right now. There are lots of option for the future. Almost too many, but that is what makes it kinda exciting.

On a bright note, we got a shipment of 125 pounds of shredded foam this week. and we filled up our empty shells of beanbags. we now have 2 big beanbags and they are very fun and comfy. I have already had one nap and am expecting many more to follow. You can get beanbags almost as comfy as mine, ( Me and a friend designed and made mine) at www.gorillabags.com, that is the site that the friend started and is selling something very close to what I have.
enough of the "plugs".

Have a great week, see ya soon cause we are gonna be in California from the 28th of May to the 10th of June!

2 comments:

Nicole said...

Keep up the posts despite the number of comments. You'll get more!

As for good books...try Three Cups of Tea by Greg Mortenson and David Relin. It's a great memoir about a guy, Greg, who climbs mountains and ends up building schools on the Afghan/Pakistan border. It's really good, uplifting, and informative! I think you'd like it!

Tell Sharon "Hi" and good luck with all the decision making!

peter said...

I just read the 3rd and most recent Leven Thumps book by Obert Skye. It's in the same genre as the adolescent ones you've been reading, but it's not bad. As far as other recommendations, I suggest anything by Orson Scott Card.