Thursday, May 1, 2008

Book Review


It seems like I only post when I finish a book. But I honestly do have other things going on in my life besides reading. I finished a little book of short stories called Buckskin Run by Louis L'Amour. it is a bunch of westerns. It is a genre i do enjoy but fell like when ever I read them I start talkin wif bad gramars and a thick drawl. I also usually feel like camping, hunting, or drinking after I read them. Well maybe not the drinking but i think you got the idea. I have read a few other things by L'Amour and most of his stuff is really good. I still have the image of one scene in one of his books stuck in my mind. A person was being tortured and a one inch wide strip of skin was "skinned down the front side and then up the back from head to foot and back up. The way it was detailed I could really feel it. it was gruesome but fun to read, (the bad guy deserved it). anyway... maybe when I start my next book I will post again.

2 comments:

Gramalis said...

I didn't know you wanted comments. Papa Ralph and Grandma Hartung both read all of his books ... or at least a whole bunch. Don't tell the gruesome parts! That's yucky. So where are you 2 putting the bean bags? I'm glad you can use them again.

I love you lots! - Me, your MOM

Emily said...

Gramalis you rule! blogging is all about the comments ya know?

Anyway Brad.... Louis L'amour rocks! I cant believe you read his books! Go good to hear from you!