Sunday, May 11, 2008

Happy Mother's Day

What a day to celebrate. This morning we celebrated by waking up to Holly yelling "DAD-DY". So off I go running up the stairs at 9 minutes after 7. Pretty good really for both of our children to let us sleep in that late, but then on my way into Holly's room I heard the severe weather warning system start beeping in our room. For anyone who doesn't know what that is, ( I didn't before we moved to KY), it is basically a very loud annoying alarm system that is hooked up to a weather radio station, when big storms, tornadoes, floods, earthquakes etc... come into our county or one of the nearby ones we get warned. So what a lovely way to start mother's day.
Thanks to all those wonderful women who have sacrificed so much of their personal lives in order to nurture, love, and make us as a society better.
To my own mother I wish to offer my eternal gratitude for teaching me the important eternal truths.
To the mother of my children I am humbled each day by your patience and love and all the things you do to make our children's lives wonderful. I love you!

Thunder is really coming now, gotta go!

2 comments:

peter said...

Your poll questions reminded me of this:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_OBlgSz8sSM

Happy stormy Mother's Day!

Gramalis said...

Thanks Boo Boo! Being a Mom is made even better when you have such great kids/grown ups!

I love you,
Me